It can be challenging to tell your loved ones about your cancer diagnosis. The resources listed below can help you tell your family and friends in a way that is easiest for you, and them.
Sharing Your Diagnosis
Telling Your Loved Ones
- Life-Threatening Illness: What to Tell Family, Friends
- Telling Others About Your Cancer
- Livestrong: Telling Others About Your Cancer
- Do I Tell Anyone I Have Cancer?
Telling Your Child or Teenager
- Talking With Your Teenager
- Talking With Your Children
- Talking to Kids and Teens About Cancer
- When a Parent has Cancer: Helping Tenns and Kids Cope
Telling Friends and Coworkers
- Cancer and Careers: How to Tell
- Cancer and Careers: Whom to Tell
- How to Tell Co-Workers You Have Cancer
Keeping Family and Friends Up to Date
It's important to keep family and friends up to date on the progress of your cancer treatment, especially since they might ask how they can support you along the way.